News CoE in brief Permanent Representation Poland in CoE
POLISH CITIZENS IN COE BODIES
Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Poland, Mr Witold Waszczykowski, is a member of the Committee of Ministers
Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
The Polish parliamentary Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe is composed of 12 members representing the Polish Sejm and Senate and 12 alternate members. The Head of the Polish delegation is Mr Włodzimierz Bernacki.
Congress of Local and Regional Authorities of the Council of Europe
The Polish Delegation to the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities is composed 12 members and 12 alternate members, representing local and region al authorities of Poland. The Head of the Polish delegation is Mr Wojciech Jankowiak, Vicemarshal of the Wielkopolskie Voivodship.
European Court of Human Rights
Professor Krzysztof Wojtyczek is a Polish judge of the European Court of Human Rights as from 1 November 2012.
Ms Justyna Chrzanowska is Government Agent before the European Court of Human Rights.
Other organs, institutions and committees of the Council of Europe
Professor Bogusław Banaszak is a member of the Venice Commission since April 2016. Professor Mariusz Muszyński is a substitute member.
Professor Mirosław Wyrzykowski, is a member on the part of Poland and Vice-Chair of the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI)
Dr Marzena Ksel is a member and I Vice-Chair of the CPT (European Committee for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment).
Dr Marcin Wujczyk is a member of the European Committee of Social Rights.
Mr Bartosz Buraczyński from the Ministry of Finance is a member of the Budget Committee.
Secretariat General of the Council of Europe
Mr Wojciech Sawicki is a Secretary General of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
Dr Hanna Machińska is Director of the CoE Office in Warsaw
There are around 55 Polish citizens employed in the Council of Europe Secretariat (some of them on temporary contracts)SEE MORE
- Andrzej Duda wins presidential elections in Poland
- Dr Marcin Wujczyk elected to the European Committee of Social Rights
- Professor Krzysztof Wojtyczek appointed new judge of the European Court of Human Rights
- Candidates for judge of the European Court of Human Rights in respect of Poland
- Mikołaj Dowgielewicz elected the Vice-Governor of the Council of Europe Development Bank for Target Countries
- Ambassador of Poland appointed Chairman of the Rapporteur Group on Democracy in the Council of Europe
- Wojciech Sawicki took up the duties of the PACE Secretary General